Thank You Volunteers
Posted by: KatieSharman May 13th, 2016
“There is no greater pleasure in life than to be surrounded by people with a common purpose which has at its core the care of others and benefit to the community. Volunteering at Weave has allowed me the rare opportunity to experience this.” Patrick - Volunteer on Streetbeat
To celebrate National Volunteer Week 2016, we want to take the time to thank our incredible volunteers for their valuable contributions to Weave. We have put together this short video to highlight the valuable work that our Volunteers here at Weave provide us with, and how appreciative we are of their time and effort. This video was filmed and edited by one of our talented Youth Advocates.
These outstanding volunteers play vital roles in providing support to disadvantaged young people and their families through many of the diverse programs offered here at Weave.
At present, we have 60 volunteer Weavers who contribute their time and skills to benefit our young people. Our volunteers help in a number of different ways including:
- Helping young people obtain their learners drivers license by teaching them how to drive and helping them obtain the 120 hours required for their P plates in our Driving Change program.
- Driving young people home safely late on Friday and Saturday nights in our Streetbeat transport program.
- Supporting the delivery of programs for children and young people both in our Kool Kids Club and Middle Years Program.
- Providing educational support and assistance for young people through our tutoring program.
- Assisting with administration and reception duties at the Weave office.
- Shaping our organisation’s strategic plan and communication strategy by providing probono services, time and resources.
If you would like more information on how you can help to change the lives of our young people please visit the volunteer page on our website: