Indigenious School Based Traineeships
Mission Australia is looking for enthusiastic students who have just completed Year 10 and are about to enter Year 11, to apply for Indigenous School Based Traineeships available at its NSW State Office in Bathurst St, Sydney.
Under this traineeship, students will be studying Certificate II in Business and will be required to complete 800 hours of on the job training with Mission Australia over the next two years. This traineeship program will count towards the Year 12 Higher School Certificate (HSC).
Mission Australia is committed to supporting trainees to successfully complete their traineeship.
To make the most of a School Based Traineeship, a trainee needs to:
- Commit for the whole two years
- Juggle working, school and other commitments
- Work for part of every school holidays for the next two years
- Be punctual
- Develop good communication skills
- Develop an understanding of good customer service
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Enjoy learning new skills
A School Based Traineeship will give a trainee practical work experience and skills while still at school. Successful completion results in the award of a nationally accredited qualification and the chance to discuss career pathways beyond the traineeship with Mission Australia.
***Anticipated start date is late November or early December 2011.